Terms, Conditions & Legal
Purchase Policy & Netiquette
Bon Soo Purchase Policy
The Bon Soo Winter Carnival button is required to get into official Bon Soo Winter Carnival sites from February 3 to 11, 2023, for everyone aged 4 years or over. When you buy the button, you receive the physical brand that looks like Bon Soo Winter Carnival. This is your pass for the Carnival, and it gives you access to a booklet of winter discounts, including various coupons valid at several businesses in Sault Ste. Marie.
Important Note: Bon Soo Winter Carnival will have media and videographers onsite capturing events and taking photographs. With the purchase of a Bon Soo button, you understand and agree that you may be filmed or photographed while on Bon Soo Winter Carnival property.
Points of sale: You can buy The Bon Soo Winter Carnival button at the following participating businesses in the Sault Ste. Marie and region:
- Circle K – Sault Ste. Marie locations
- Circle K – Wawa, ON
- The Outfitters
- Feeding your Soul Restaurant
- John Rhodes Pro Shop
- Northern Community Centre
- Bay St Active Living Centre
- Old Stone House
- Great Lakes Outfitters
Methods of payment: The following are accepted for Bon Soo button purchases: Combination debit-credit cards are not accepted. Cash payments are accepted for purchases made at physical points of sale (along with debit and credit payments).
The Bon Soo Winter Carnival button or the rights attached thereto or resulting therefrom may not be subject to an assignment, contest, sale, or transfer, be it in a commercial or promotional context, with or without compensation, without having obtained prior written consent from the Bon Soo Winter Carnival.
Resale of The Bon Soo Winter Carnival button of the Bon Soo Winter Carnival is strictly prohibited.
The reproduction or modification of tickets or buttons are strictly prohibited.
Points of sale: You can buy Carnival products at these locations:
- Northern Superior Brewing Co
- Outspoken Brewing
- Hogan’s Homestead
Online at https://bonsoo.on.ca/shop-tickets.
During the event (February 3 to 11, 2023): At the official boutique of the Bon Soo Winter Carnival sites, during opening hours.
Methods of payment: The following are accepted for online purchases: Visa and MasterCard credit cards and prepaid cards. Combination debit-credit cards are not accepted. Service and delivery fees are extra. Cash payments are accepted for purchases made at physical points of sale (along with debit and credit payments).
Bon Soo Winter Carnival tie-in products are final sale only. In the event that a product purchased is defective, please report it to the corresponding retailer.
REFUND POLICY FOR BUTTONS, TICKETED ACTIVITIES AND TIE-IN PRODUCTS
ALL PURCHASES OF BUTTONS, TICKETED ACTIVITIES AND TIE-IN PRODUCTS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE, EXCHANGEABLE, NOR TRANSFERABLE TO A LATER PRESENTATION.
It is your responsibility to keep your buttons or event tickets safe. The Bon Soo Winter Carnival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or destroyed buttons or tickets.
BON SOO WINTER CARNIVAL’S CANCELLATION POLICY
Normally, activities will be held as planned, regardless of weather. However, in the event of severe weather conditions, some activities may be canceled, particularly if a safety issue arises because of the weather. The Bon Soo Winter Carnival is not responsible for bad weather.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SHOWS AND EVENTS WITH RESERVATIONS
Normally, activities will be held as planned, regardless of weather. However, in the event of severe weather conditions, some ticketed events may be canceled, particularly if a health or safety issue arises because of the weather.
If you have purchased tickets for an exclusive event that is canceled, we will handle everything. No action will be needed from you and you do not have to contact us.
- You will be notified by email that the event is canceled.
- You will automatically be refunded through the method of payment you used for the purchase online.
- Please allow 7 to 10 business days following the date of the event’s cancellation to receive your refund.
Bon Soo Netiquette
In the spirit of goodwill and to promote respectful discussion, we ask you to please read our netiquette.*
- You are strongly encouraged to discuss with us and among yourselves on our various social media platforms. Dialogue creates communities!
- Comments that are deemed defamatory, hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, or disgraceful will be deleted without notice.
- Vulgar or hateful language is entirely unnecessary in order to share one’s opinion of the Bon Soo Winter Carnival or of another user. In the spirit of fostering respectful discussions, all comments deemed unconstructive will be deleted.
- Sharing links to other sites is permitted (we are curious too!), provided their content is related to topics already being discussed on our networks. Note that the Bon Soo Winter Carnival is not responsible for the content of the sites shared by our users.
- Please note that the Bon Soo Winter Carnival team’s office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST). Despite our best efforts to answer all inquiries quickly and efficiently, our schedule is based on these hours. If your comment is pressing and has not been answered in a timely manner despite our best efforts, you are welcome to contact us by email at: email@example.com
*Netiquette: Ethics rules implemented to guide the behaviour of Internet users, for example, on social media discussion boards.